Sunday, January 29, 2012

an overdue christmas post

Christmas was well over a month ago, but I am just now sitting down to blog about it {sorry, better late than never!}  We spent Christmas in West Des Moines at my parents, with all of my siblings!  It was a blast, but as always went way too fast!

We left Christmas Eve night around 6 p.m., Christmas Eve mass was at 10 p.m. in WDM {usually a 4 hour drive} We didn't think we were going to make it, so we didn't dress for church, about 15 minutes from Des Moines we stopped at a rest stop for a quick change, and at 10:00 we pulled up at Sacred Heart in WDM and made it just in time for Christmas Eve mass!!

 {didn't want to look at the camera}
 mommy and kiley

{someone was tired}
I really wish I had taken more pictures of K on Christmas Eve, because I loved her dress, sweater and headband, but oh well....next year I guess!!

Christmas day was spend lounging around a bit, opening K's presents {santa came!} and an afternoon movie {kiley stayed at home with grandma}

 {santa!}

opening her stocking..the teddy grahams were her favorite!
 "Santa brought me a wagon!"
"let's unwrap more!"
I absolutely loved K's reaction to opening gifts this year, she "ooooohhed and awwwweddd" over everything!  She loved to rip the paper then bring it over to me and go back and repeat!  It was so much fun!  I can't wait for next year and seeing how much more she understands than this year!

 "MO!!" {k's way of saying Elmo}

 pajamas!
 "look what i got!"
 need mommy's help

 elf on a shelf! {can't wait to do this next year!!}
 {playing on aunt ali's computer, taking goofy self portraits! hilarious!}
{love this!}

 {love these pictures of kiley the next morning!}

We headed back to IL Monday, stopping by Cedar Rapids to visit my grandparents {as well as visiting lots of my extended family}  I  will have to post some of those pictures in another post, I am pretty sure I put enough pics in this one!

To say we had a wonderful Christmas is an understatement! Looking forward to next year already!

1 comment:

  1. Love her little painted toenails :) and the pic of her holding her stocking. She's adorable

    ReplyDelete